VFW POST 12108 MINUTES
Date Meeting held: 12 February 2015
Location of Meeting: Post 12108
Opened in due form Time opened: 18:06
Members present: 11 Guests present: 0
Roll Call of Officers, elected appointed
Commander, George Wehrly X Adjutant, Bill Marker X
Sr. Vice Commander, Mike Watkins E Service Officer, John Holden E
Jr. Vice Commander, Russell Osmun E OOD, Bill Davis E
Quartermaster, Richard Gardner X Judge Advocate, Karl Olsen E
Chaplain, CJ Veach X Surgeon, Dan Sanders E
Trustee 1 year, Dave Carlin E
Trustee 2 year, Bob Mitchell E
Trustee 3 year, Joe Moorehead E
X = Present E = Excused
A quorum was present at the start of the meeting.
Applications for Membership Approved:
1. Reginald Palm
2. Clarence Russell
Old Balance: $6,016.40 New Balance: $4,605.45
1. Need representation at District 5 meeting 21 February Post 12093 Las Vegas.
1. Motion Passed to reimburse gas/expenses to Dick or whoever makes supply/bank runs to town. Due to high volume of cash turnover and no Bank in town, Dick will need to make weekly bank deposit runs to Vegas.
2. Motion passed to sell Hot Dog Cart to Rlo Lee for $3,000 cash.
3. Motion passed to donate $200 to the Beatty Middle School Girls basketball team in support of lodging and food costs for trip to Tonopah tournament. Ladies Auxiliary donated $50. Total donated $250.
4. House Committee agreed to bring in a pool table to meeting area, members agreed we must have a way to move table for special events. Post is looking for a pool table jack/dolly we can get cheap or donated.
5. House Committee agreed to serve Hamburgers/Hotdogs on Sundays all year long, Hamburger or Hotdog, bag of chips, and one draft beer (draft beer only) for $5.00. Committee also agreed to start serving a monthly meal on the 2nd weekend of month, meal preparation to alternate between Ladies Aux and the Post.
Good of the Order:
1. Ladies Aux President Pam Davis admitted to Valley Hospital, testing ongoing, nothing firm yet.
2. Post was awarded credit for Voice of Democracy/Patriots Pen entry at Mid-Winter Conference.
3. Post Commander praised members who volunteered at recent Boy Scout Jamboree, and encouraged Post members to get more involved next year and show our support.
4. Post Adjutant read letter from Fred & Sara Willis requesting help from members cleaning up property at 400 South 1st St.
Next Meeting: 12 March 2015
Closed in due form Time Closed: 19:02
W. A Marker, Post Adjutant