Post History

In late 2010 – early 2011 an effort was started to establish a VFW Post in Beatty. With 36 members we were granted a charter in May 2011. The name of the new Post would be John Strozzi Post #12108, Veterans of Foreign Wars. Sargent Strozzi was a Beatty resident killed in WWII. Many of his kin still live in the Beatty locality. Our first organizing meetings were held at the Happy Burro under the guidance of Jerry Chamlee,the State Commander at the time. We elected George Wehrly as our first Post Commander. Our first meetings were at the Beatty Community Center. Shortly after we started an Auxiliary for the ladies.
In May we contracted to buy an old church being used as a private residence. The beauty of the old church was it was built Ryolite in 1905. Somewhere between 1915 and 1926, it was torn down and rebuilt at its present location. Demo lasted about 3 months. We have installed new water, sewer, electrical and heating and cooling. We opened the Canteen in late October 2013. After opening the Canteen we immediately started working on the Meeting room. All the work culminated on August 1 2014 when our Post was dedicated by the Commander in Chief of The Veterans of Foreign Wars, John Stroud.
We still have to build the kitchen, a walk in cooler and redo the steeple( after the last year and a quarter, not a problem)       UnitedWeStand